Creating hero slides to run on the homepage of MSN was time consuming and cumbersome.
Some of the main problems facing the users included:
- The overall experience was disconnected with the final display making it impossible to see in advance the end result of the combination of type and image.
- A lot of trial and error was involved in copyfitting and image cropping.
- Existing workflow combined the tasks of creation and scheduling resulting in a tool that was optimized for neither task.
Design solution highlights
- Separated the scheduling workflow to focus on creation workflow.
- WYSIWYG type editing experience ties the input directly to the output to easily see final results.