Azure Support Center is the internal portal Microsoft customer support engineers use to identify, diagnose, and solve customer support requests. The site provides dynamic troubleshooting insights, diagnostic tools and up to the minute views into every resource in a customer’s Azure subscription.
As the lead designer, I was responsible for all aspects of the user experience design. I partnered with program management to conduct user research and to translate project requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes. I worked closely with the development team to understand the technical requirements and constraints and to ensure final implementation aligned with design specifications.
- End to end design from user flow to final mockups.
- Designed new features and functionality within existing product.
- Evolved and refined existing visual design language and patterns.
Some of the outcomes as a direct result of the continued improvements over the time period that I worked on this project.
- Portal use increased 40% year over year and is used in 63% of all Azure technical support cases.
- When support engineers are asked about their satisfaction with ASC, 50% gave a 5-star rating and 75% gave either 4 or 5 stars.
- 75% of the feedback on diagnostic insights is positive with engineers indicating it was helpful to solve the case.